- This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are either sponsored by a state or territory, or skills assessed independently.
- A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
- Certain family members can be included in the application.
Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must:
- submit an Expression of Interest
- have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- be less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued
- meet the English language requirements
- be able to score at least 60 on the points test.