Universal Visa – Study & Settle Abroad

Who is this visa for?

This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:


  • apply for your first student visa
  • apply for subsequent student visa
  • apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa.
  • Your main course of study is one of the following:
  • Diploma
  • Bachelor degree
  • Masters by coursework
  • PHD


If you intend to undertake another course of study ahead of your main course of study, such as an enabling course, you may also be eligible for streamlined visa processing.

If you are applying in Australia for this visa, you must either be the current holder of a qualifying visa or have held a certain visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.