This visa is for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who live and work in Australia. It has three streams.
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
- The Direct Entry stream is for people who have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market.
- The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.
People can apply for this visa if they:
- Have been nominated by an approved Australian employer
- Are less than 50 years of age
- Meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements