for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends. If you apply for this visa in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is decided. If you apply for this visa outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.
Short Business Visa
The Visitor visa (subclass 600) is for people who want to travel Australia as tourists, for business or to visit family. It is a temporary visa.
Business Visitor stream: For business people travelling to Australia for a short business visit. This includes making a general business or employment enquiry, negotiations or participating in a conference. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.
Sponsored Family stream: For people travelling to Australia to visit their family. You must have a sponsor who might be asked to provide a bond. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided. You cannot apply for another visa after you have arrived in Australia.
Approved Destination Status stream: For people from the People’s Republic of China who are travelling in an organised tour group. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.
This visa lets you travel to Australia to:
• have a holiday or visit family and friends in Australia
• study in Australia for up to three months
• engage in business activities while in Australia, provided you:
• do not work for or provide services to a business or organisation in Australia
• do not sell goods or services to the public.
The department will tell you how many times you can enter Australia and on this visa:
• You may be allowed to enter only once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia again after you leave. • You may be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the time you spend in Australia cannot be more than the period of stay that you have been granted.